Happy New Year Ultimate Nerd Hut Friends!!!!! I hope all is well with you as we begin the year 2015. What an incredibly crazy holiday season it has been. The months of November and December were one giant blur. I thought I would share a couple of the Nerdlike traditions that we do in my house.
Muppet Christmas Carol:
Ever since I was a kid I have always loved the Muppets. Each year my family sits down for family night and we watch the Muppet Christmas Carol and do a movie night. Of course we all have our own favorite part. Mine of course is any appearance by Statler and Waldorf, my two favorite Muppets. As a kid watching this classic had a magic in of itself. Now that I am an adult, I appreciate the family time value of it. It isn’t everyday when the whole family can put everything on hold for this.
Lord of the Rings Marathon:
Each year during the Winter break my daughter and I watch each of the Lord of the Rings Movies. We have been adding in the Hobbit movies as they have been released as well. This year we have concluded that Legolas is the Batman of Middle Earth. This weekend we will be going to see the third and final Hobbit movie. We both are sad to know that the movies are coming to an end, but if we can keep our watching tradition alive, our Hobbit friends will be back with us every year.
Goals for 2015:
After much thought and deliberation, I have come up with the following goals for me and the Blog for 2015.
- Enhance the quality of the blog with more pictures, video, screenshots, and interactive content.
- Deliver five good blog posts per week on a variety of subjects
- Bring in two other writers to help expand blog content and subject expertise.
- Develop my own personal knowledge, understanding, and experience for blogging by finding and following other good blogs and sites. (Got a blog suggestion? Please leave it in the comments section below)
- Develop a better understanding of Word Press and how to take advantage of its features.